By Taylor Margot. Everyone should read this!
SUMOkoin is a fork of MONERO (XMR). XMR is a fork of Bytecoin. In my opinion, XMR is hands down the most undervalued coin in the top 15. Its hurdle is that people do not know how to price in privacy to the price of a coin yet. Once people figure out how to accurately assess the value privacy into the value of a coin, XMR, along with other privacy coins like SUMOkoin, will go parabolic.
Let’s be clear about something. I am not here to argue SUMOkoin is superior to XMR. That’s not what this article is about and frankly is missing the point. I don’t find the SUMOkoin vs. XMR debate interesting. From where I stand, investing in SUMOkoin has nothing to do with SUMOkoin overtaking XMR or who has superior tech. If anything, I think the merits of XMR underline the value of SUMOkoin. What I do find interesting is return on investment (“ROI”).
Imagine SUMO was an upcoming ICO. But you knew ahead of time that they had a proven product-market fit and an awesome, blue chip code base. That’s basically what you have in SUMO. Most good ICOs raise over 20mil (meaning their starting market cap is $20 mil) but after that, it’s a crapshoot. Investing in SUMO is akin to getting ICO prices but with the amount of information associated with more established coins.
Let me make one more thing clear. Investing is all about information. Specifically it’s about the information imbalance between current value and the quality of your information. SUMO is highly imbalanced.
The fact of the matter is that if you are interested in getting the vision and product/market fit of a $6 billion market cap coin for $20 mil, you should keep reading.
If you are interested in arguing about XMR vs. SUMOkoin, I point you to this infographic
I’m a corporate tech & IP lawyer in Silicon Valley. My practice focuses on venture capital (“VC)”) and mergers & acquisitions (“M&A”). Recently I have begun doing more IP strategy. Basically I spend all day every day reviewing cap tables, stock purchase agreements, merger agreements and patent portfolios. I’m also the CEO of a startup (Scry Chat) and have a team of three full-time engineers.
I started using BTC in 2014 in conjunction with Silk Road and TOR. I recently had a minor conniption when I discovered how much BTC I handled in 2014. My 2017 has been good with IOTA at sub $0.30, POWR at $0.12, ENJIN at $0.02, REQ at $0.05, ENIGMA at $0.50, ITC (IoT Chain) and SUMO.
My crypto investing philosophy is based on betting long odds. In the words of Warren Buffet, consolidate to get rich, diversify to stay rich. Or as I like to say, nobody ever got rich diversifying.
That being said I STRONGLY recommend you have an IRA and/or 401(k) in place prior to venturing into crypto. But when it comes to crypto, I’d rather strike out dozens of times to have a chance at hitting a 100x home run. This approach is probably born out of working with VCs in Silicon Valley who do the same only with companies, not coins. I view myself as an aggressive VC in the cryptosphere.
The Number 1 thing I’ve taken away from venture law is that it pays to get in EARLY.
Did you know that the typical founder buys their shares for $0.00001 per share? So if a founder owns 5 million shares, they bought those shares for $50 total. The typical IPO goes out the door at $10-20 per share. My iPhone calculator says ERROR when it tries to divide $10/0.00001 because it runs out of screen real estate.
At the time of this writing, SUMO has a Marketcap of $18 million. That is 3/10,000th or 1/3333th. Let that sink in for a minute. BCH is a fork of BTC and it has the fourth largest market cap of all cryptos. Given it’s market cap, I am positive SUMO is the best value proposition in the Privacy Coin arena at the time of this writing. *
ROI MERITS OF SUMOkoin
So what’s so good about SUMOkoin? Didn’t you say it was just a Monero knock-off?
1) Well, sort of. SUMO is based on CryptoNote and was conceived from a fork of Monero, with a little bit of extra privacy thrown in. It would not be wrong to think SUMO is to Litecoin as XMR is to Bitcoin.
2) Increased Privacy. Which brings us to point 2. SUMO is doing several things to increase privacy (see below). If Monero is the King of Privacy Coins, then SUMO is the Standard Bearer fighting on the front lines. Note: Monero does many of these too (though at the time of fork XMR could not). Don’t forget Monero is also 5.8 billion market cap to SUMO’s 18 million.
a) RingCT. All transactions since genesis are RingCT (ring confidential transactions) and the minimum “mixin” transactions is 13 (12 plus the original transaction). This passes the threshold to statistically resist blockchain attacks. No transactions made on the SUMO blockchain can ever be traced to the actual participants. Nifty huh? Monero (3+1 mixins) is considering a community-wide fork to increase their minimum transactions to 6, 9, or 12. Not a bad market signal if you’re SUMOkoin eh?
b) Sub-addresses. The wallet deploys disposable sub-addresses to conceal your real sumo wallet address even from senders (who typically would need to know your actual address to send currency). Monero also does this.
3) Fungibility aka “Digital Cash” aka Broad Use Case. “Fungibility” gets thrown about a bunch but basically it means ‘how close is this coin to cash in terms of usage?’ SUMO is one of a few cryptos that can boast true fungibility — it acts just like physical cash i.e. other people can never trace where the money came from or how many coins were transferred. MONERO will never be able to boast this because it did not start as fungible.
4) Mining Made Easy Mode. Seeing as SUMO was a fork, and not an ICO, they didn’t have to rewrite the wheel. Instead they focused on product by putting together solid fundamentals like a great wallet and a dedicated mining app. Basically anyone can mine with the most intuitive GUI mining app out there. Google “Sumo Easy Miner” – run and mine.
5) Intuitive and Secure Wallet. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, yet in this day and age, apparently it is not a prereq. They have a GUI wallet plus those unlimited sub-addresses I mentioned above. Here’s the github if you’d like to review: https://github.com/sumoprojects/SumoGUIWallet The wallet really is one of the best I have seen (ENJIN’s will be better). Clear, intuitive, idiot proof (as possible).
6) Decentralization. SUMO is botnet-proof, and therefore botnet mining resistant. When a botnet joins a mining pool, it adjusts the mining difficulty, thereby balancing the difficulty level of mining.
7) Coin Emission Scheme. SUMO’s block reward changes every 6-months as the following “Camel” distribution schema (inspired by real-world mining production like of crude oil, coal, etc. that is often slow at first, then accelerated in before decline and depletion). MONERO lacks this schema and it is significant. Camel ensures that Sumokoin won’t be a short-lived phenomena. Specifically, since Sumo is proof-of-work, not all SUMO can be mined. If it were all mined, miners would no longer be properly incentivized to contribute to the network (unless transaction fees were raised, which is how Bitcoin plans on handling when all 21 million coins have been mined, which will go poorly given that people already complain about fees). A good emission scheme is vital to viability. Compare Camel and Monero’s scheme if you must: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/blob/mastescripts/sumokoin_camel_emission_cal.cpp vs. https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/242/how-was-the-monero-emission-curve-chosen/247.
8) Dev Team // Locked Coins // Future Development Funds. There are lots of things that make this coin a ‘go.’ but perhaps the most overlooked in crypto is that the devs have delivered ahead of schedule. If you’re an engineer or have managed CS projects, you know how difficult hitting projected deadlines can be. These guys update github very frequently and there is a high degree of visibility. The devs have also time-locked their pre-mine in a publicly view-able wallet for years so they aren’t bailing out with a pump and dump. The dev team is based in Japan.
9) Broad Appeal. If marketed properly, SUMO has the ability to appeal to older individuals venturing into crypto due to the fungibility / similarities to cash. This is not different than XMR, and I expect it will be exploited in 2018 by all privacy coins. It could breed familiarity with new money, and new money is the future of crypto.
10) Absent from Major Exchanges. Thank god. ALL of my best investments have happened off Binance, Bittrex, Polo, GDAX, etc. Why? Because by the time a coin hits a major exchange you’re already too late. Your TOI is fucked. You’re no longer a savant. SUMO is on Cryptopia, the best jenky exchange.
11) Marketing. Which brings me to my final point – and it happens to be a weakness. SUMO has not focused on marketing. They’ve instead gathered together tech speaks for itself (or rather doesn’t). So what SUMO needs a community effort to distribute facts about SUMO’s value prop to the masses. A good example i...
post link: https://71republic.com/2017/12/23/the-iota-of-china-how-iot-chain-itc-is-securing-the-internet-of-things/
Today, the internet is all around us. Constantly updating and transacting, it lives in many of the things we interact with on a daily basis and will only grow in use case and market size heading into the future. By the year 2020, experts assert that IoT (Internet of Things) will consist of close to 30 billion interconnected objects with a total market cap expected to swell over $8 trillion dollars. Coined by Kevin Ashton, the British technology pioneer and co-founder of MIT’s infamous Auto-ID Center, IoT is a term that defines the connection between all objects from a cup of coffee, to the table it sits upon and the house you live in. By 2025 almost ever object is expected to be an intellectualized ‘smart network’ tied to a stream of data requiring each their own IoT operating system that relays and synchronizes networks in a fast and cost-effective way. The Singapore based startup IoT Chain (https://iotchain.io/) aims to be the go-to platform for this massive new ecosystem of virtualized physical reality. Dubbed “a high-security lite IoT OS,” IoT Chain (or call sign $ITC) seeks to provide a safe, secure platform that protects against Botnet attacks of user data while lowering the prohibitive cost of centralized architecture by utilizing blockchain technology.
Currently, trading on the Singapore exchange Huobi (Huobi ITC/BTC) and the Chinese exchange OKEX (https://www.okex.com/), ITC has maintained strong volume and stability for investors since its introduction to the market in early December. After raising $15 million dollars in a private fundraising round this Fall, IoT Chain’s market cap (IOT Chain Marketcap) has already X3 in value and is currently hovering around $50 million dollars. The industry standard at the moment, IOTA, has a current valuation of close to $12 Billion dollars proving both the need for platforms in this space and also the sizeable market that looks set to greatly expand in the coming decades. ITC’s circulating supply is 50 million tokens with another 50 million locked-up to prevent extreme price fluctuations. Recently, IoT Chain announced a partnership with Acute Angle Cloud one of the leaders in the globally distributed cloud computing field and also reached a strategic cooperation with Adzar Energy to work on building a clean energy market using the blockchain.
The company is led by CEO Xie Zhuopeng, a blockchain professional who has been engaged in the smart hardware field for half a decade. Their CFO, Zhao Tan, holds an MBA from MIT China and was the former Asia Pacific CFO of Kerry where he oversaw the hedging of millions of dollars across foreign exchanges. ITC’s advisory team consists of Liang Ran, co-founder of RippleFox and Ji Xinhua, an expert in credit card encryption and winner of first prize for Shanghai’s science and technology advancement award. They are backed by large investments from some of China’s strongest blockchain incubators including FBG Capital (funders of OmiseGo & 0X Decentralized Exchange) and Link Capital Finance boasting over 40 years of experience specializing in developmental finance. Other partnerships include Shanghai High Flying Electronics, Shenzhen Galaxywind Network, Shanghai BeTiger Network and Telink Semiconductor.
IoT Chain has identified two major challenges to the IoT market that they intend to solve. First, ITC tackles issues of security to objects within the IoT ecosystem. ITC’s whitepaper highlights the effects of The Botnet of Things or a massively connected network of computers which are capable of utilizing DDOS (Direct Denial of Service) to shutter popular websites and internet-based applications around the world. With smart hardware filling our homes in the coming century, the implications of malevolent botnet networks used against the community or individual user becomes a looming concern. This past year we witnessed major outages to the influential and gigantic American websites Twitter & Netflix with the trend set to continue heading into 2018. To combat this, IoT Chain has adopted asymmetrical encryption that keeps data from being cracked even if it is collected. Further, all of the nodes in ITC are equal helping to protects users’ privacy. Secondly, the ITC team points to the high cost of centralized architecture that is currently keeping the Internet of Things from achieving mainstream adoption. Similar to issues faced in the growing field of A.I. and throughout the greater blockchain space, these platforms must be able to function with speed and efficiency or else risk poor adoption from the public. IoT Chain promises scalability and a massive node network to meet the demands of data storage in a convenient and cost-efficient through the blockchain.
2018 looks to be a big year for IoT Chain as their roadmap outlines several key events that should boost ITC’s valuation and establish their platform as a major player in the greater cryptocurrency space. Their main-chain testing stage has already begun and a wallet client looks to be ready for Q2 of 2018. They expect their main-chain wallet to be finished by May and then will begin work on their DAG network with the final main net coming online after NYE of 2018. From an investment standpoint, IoT Chain is relatively unknown in the West and has yet to make it to Western markets although the asset is currently rumored to land on Binance. In terms of competitors, IoT Chain features the lowest market cap of all DAG networks and is considerably cheaper than similar platforms. ITC is currently valued at $50 million vs. StreamR at $170m, ByteBall $400m, RailBlocks $460m and of course, Iota at $13 billion.
You can find more information about IoT Chain on their growing telegram group (IoT Chain Telegram) that already features close to 4,000 users with barely any coming from the Americas or Europe. I believe the IoT Chain team possess the relevant experience and resources to corner a substantial part of the IoT marketplace. Chinese investors have shown a tendency towards sovereignty with companies and products from the region and IoT Chain should be no different. Where NEO is the Asian counterpart to Ethereum, so too can IoT Chain become the IOTA of China. When investors outside China learn about this platform, I expect to see a sharp rise in price and at the current value of $50 million dollars I think the risk/reward is highly in favor of the investor and anticipate this platform will soar in value when it eventually finds its way into Western markets in the early months of 2018. The future of society is manifesting in front of our eyes and the demand for low-cost architecture to connect devices and stimulate functionality grows rapidly every day. When we get there we will want to ensure the safety and security of those devices and the data they collect. IoT Chain looks to be one of the investment opportunities of next year and the time to invest is soon before the token finds its way onto exchanges with higher volume and new wallets. As always, I highly recommend researching the asset fully and formulating your own opinion before investing but recognize the huge upside that this platform represents. So you tell me… IoT Chain, the IOTA of China?
$5.5 Million In Bitcoin Stolen From Binance: Bitmain Sues “John Doe” By. Nick Chong - November 16, 2018. 4. In an unexpected turn of events, one of the world’s foremost crypto- and blockchain-centric startups, Bitmain, has sued an anonymous hacker over a jaw-dropping $5.5 million in crypto assets in a case involving Binance. Bitmain Blames “John Doe” In Multi-Million Crypto Hack Of ... According to the MalwareBytes report on 29 April, over 152,000 Electrum Bitcoin wallets and computers are currently infected with phishing malware Trojan.BeamWinHTTP and Electrum Stealer, most of them in the Asia Pacific region and Brazil.. This represents an increase of over 10,000 new machines since the massive DoS attack in early April 2019. Over $4.5 million in Bitcoin has allegedly been ... Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao has apologized for causing concern among the crypto community when he openly spoke about the possibility of a rollback for the Bitcoin blockchain following confirmation of a hack leading to the theft of USD 40 million worth of bitcoins on its platform.. The rollback had caused a sharp backlash, particularly among Bitcoin-only communities, aghast at the very concept ... Security firm Netlab 360 has discovered a new botnet named Fbot in a strange case of fighting fire with fire. Fbot appears to be very different from almost any other botnet because it is seeking and destroying another botnet called ufo miner, known to install crypto mining malware on computers. This post was originally published on this siteThis post was originally published on this siteLast week, Bitcoin (BTC) saw its price rise 6.95%, rising from $10,804 on October 5 to $11,555 by October 12. The surge marked the best performing week for the price of Bitcoin since July and data show a noticeable shift in market sentiment around the digital asset. According […] Binance Coin (BNB) continues to reach back to back 2019 all-time highs and its success has some analysts wondering if it will outperform Bitcoin over the long-term. Market Overview On Tuesday Binance Coin (BNB) [coin_rice coin=binance-coin] notched a new all-time high of $32.43 as its market capitalization leaped over $4 billion. Could be related to the fact that a dormant wallet containing millions of USD in Bitcoin has suddenly started moving funds to Binance 2 days ago. People in that thread and the one in Cryptocurrency are speculating that this is a former Silkroad wallet. Also the sender seemed at least initially to believe that some light tumbling would hide the BTC movement. The worrying thing about this Monero botnet is the fact that it is difficult to detect. What is the “Lemon Duck” Mining Botnet. As previously mentioned, the “Lemon Duck” mining botnet is affecting a large number of Windows 10 computers from all over the world.
[index]          
Meme of the Day - https://bit.ly/2Quo6Fi Binance User Hacked, 60 Ethereum Stolen! - https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/a1eu4l/it_happened_to_me/ Kas... ripple, bitcoin bottom, bull run, should I buy bitcoin, digibyte, binance, basic attention token, btc, fomo, b1, what is eos, eos vs cardano, eos on coinbase, xphone, cardano shelley, brave ... Binance Pool’s first product offering will be Bitcoin mining, using a FPPS payment method. - BitPay Partners With Binance to Support BUSD Payments Around the World Der Binance Coin (BNB) kämpft derzeit mit Stellar um Platz 7 unter den Kryptowährungen. Wird der BNB Token bald ein Top 5 Coin sein? Seit Jahresbeginn hat der Binance Coin jedenfalls massiv ... Bitcoin Technical Analysis & Bitcoin News Today: Binance launches their FIAT to crypto exchange Binance Jersey, and I'll show you that the coming financial crisis might happen sooner rather than ... How About Buying This GPU? https://geni.us/iBTw0 Other "CoinMarketCap" Alternatives! Messari - https://messari.io/ Coin360 - https://coin360.com/ CoinGecko -... Binance Has Been Hacked Jumping on live to discuss what is going on with the Binance Bitcoin Hack! #Binance #Bitcoin #Hack. Firstly, thanks for watching I appreciate your support! In this video I, step-by-step, install, run and optimize an open-source Python Bitcoin / crypto trading bot which trades on the Binance Exchange. This Video was created as a response to those who ... Amazon Affiliate Link - (If You Buy Something On Amazon, I Get A Small Commission As A Way To Support The Channel) - (There is NO extra cost for you) https://amzn.to/39MXp4q ----- My Second ...